Take advantage of two delicious seasonal vegetables in one sparky dish!
- 1.5 T coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup shishito peppers
- 1 cup fresh okra
- 1/2 tsp each – salt, pepper and smoked paprika
- juice of 1/2 of a lemon
- 1/4 cup mayonaisse
- 2 tsp whole grain mustard
- 1 T yellow mustard
- 1 T honey (adjust based on level of sweetness you prefer)
- salt, pepper and smoked paprika to taste
- Add peppers and okra to a large bowl. Add coconut oil, salt, pepper and smoked paprika and toss well until all veggies are coated.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat until very hot (water sizzles when it drops on the skillet). Add veggies and blister/char for about 10 minutes. Be sure not to stir too much – let sit at least two minutes before you toss or stir to let the other side char and blister. Watch carefully. Once charred, transfer to a serving dish.
- Mix all the dipping sauce ingredients in a small bowl until well blended. Serve with peppers and okra. Serve hot.
Recipe from Supper Thyme Stories.