Make your own gluten-free, vegan sautéed collard greens (or broc-collard greens in.season and on our shelves from our own in.garden!) with this recipe.
- 2 bunches of in.garden collard or broc-collard greens (remove stems and roughly chop)
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt, pepper and hot sauce (to taste)
- Coat a large deep skillet or pot with olive oil.
- Saute onions until almost tender over medium heat, and then add in garlic.
- Cook until onion and garlic are fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in vegetable broth.
- Season broth with apple cider vinegar, smoked paprika, hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings if needed. Make sure it’s to your liking because this is how your greens will taste. Bring to a simmer and reduce heat.
- Add in the greens. Greens will wilt down as they cook.
- Simmer for an hour or an hour and a half. Do not boil. Add more vegetable broth if needed. They may need more or less time, so be sure to check them after 30-45 minutes.
- When done, greens will be dark green and tender and will not have a raw taste.
Photo from Divas Can Cook.