Don’t let the cut of meat scare you it is a very tender tasty meat. You will be pleasantly surprised. Find the meat at any Mexican market, ask the butcher. Serve this in tacos with chopped onion, tomato, cilantro, and wedges of lime.
- 1 beef tongue
- 1/2 onion
- 2 cloves garlic, or more to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- water to cover
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Place beef tongue, onion, garlic, and bay leaf in the crock of a slow cooker; generously season with salt. Pour in enough water to cover beef mixture.
- Cook on Low for 8 hours.
- Transfer beef tongue to a work surface and cool slightly. Peel outer layer of skin from beef tongue and remove rough end. Chop the meat into bite-size pieces.
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir beef tongue meat until tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Try using a liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Recipe by: Liz on allrecipes.com