Recipe: Real Mustard
From: Melody Birdsong
Yield: About 2 cups
0.5 cups water
0.5 cups apple cider vinegar
0.25 cups yellow mustard seeds
0.25 cups brown mustard seeds
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Agave
1. Mix the mustard seeds with the vinegar and water in a glass bowl. Cover and let sit for at least 12 hours, up to 48 hours.
2. Once the seeds are done soaking, pour the seeds into a blender with the liquid and add turmeric, salt and agave.
3. Blend until the consistency of a paste, this could take 1-2 minutes, and the mustard seeds have been broken down but still visable.
- This recipe is awesome! Great base for other flavors to be added in.
- Would like to try with beer instead of water, and all vinegar instead of water.