About Dr. Bronner’s
In earlier centuries, an all-vegetable based soap was made in the Castile region of Spain from local olive oil. By the turn of this century, “Castile” had come to mean any vegetable oil-based soap, versus animal (tallow) fat-based soap. “Pure-Castile” is now also your guarantee that what you are using is a real ecological and simple soap, not a complex blend of detergents with a higher ecological impact due to the waste stream during manufacture and slower biodegradability. Unfortunately, many synthetic detergent blends are deceptively labeled as “Liquid Soap” even when they contain absolutely no soap whatsoever.
Dr. Bronner’s liquid soaps are completely biodegradable and vegetable-based, made with certified Fair Trade and Organic oils, multi-purpose (18-in-1 Uses), and contain no synthetic foaming agents, thickeners or preservatives.
Uses in a nutshell:
- For everyday body-washing: Get wet and pour soap full-strength onto hands-washcloth-loofah. Lather up, scrub down, rinse off, and tingle fresh & clean.
- For other uses, dilute from one part soap into 40 parts water for light cleaning, to cutting it in half or using it full strength for heavy-duty grease-cutting jobs.
- For shampoo, the method of application is to wet hair and scalp very thoroughly, squirt some soap into hands and work into a lather. Wash hair, then rinse well. Afterwards use our new citrus hair rinse and leave-in conditioners as directed.
- For the laundry, use 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup for one regular load; adjust as needed depending on hardness of water. I’ve been told that adding a dash of baking soda makes it even better.
- For toothbrushing, apply a drop or two of Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soap to a wet toothbrush. Brush as you normally would, rinsing accordingly. Be careful about using more than a couple drops of soap, as you might start foaming at the mouth. Many people with sensitive or softer teeth like to use our soap as a toothpaste because it lacks abrasives.
Location: Escondido, CA
Distance from in.gredients: Roughly 1,322 miles
Delivery to in.gredients: UNFI Delivery Why UNFI?
Dr. Bronner’s Liquid Castille Soap – Peppermint
Dr. Bronner’s Liquid Castille Soap – Lavender
Dr. Bronner’s Liquid Castille Soap – Tea Tree
Dr. Bronner’s Liquid Castille Soap – Eucalyptus