Support Local: Eat, Drink Local Food Box Available Dec.1-8
December 1-8 is Eat, Drink Local Week here in Austin, TX. There are events all around town celebrating local food, farms and vendors. The proceeds benefit the Sustainable Food Center and Urban Roots, two amazing organizations in Austin working for a more sustainable, just food system.
We’re celebrating the week with a bunch of different activities. Come stop by on the Urban Farm Bike Tour this Saturday, on Wednesday drink some beer and meet the fellas from Hops and Grain and on Friday we’ll be screening the documentary LOCAL, followed by a Q&A with the film maker. You can find out specifics here.
As a participating business, we’re offering up our local food box. It will be available starting tomorrow, December 1st.
Looks delicious, doesn’t it?
The box is $38, or $35 if you bring your own box! Check out what you’ll get when you purchase your local food box.
- 6 eggs from Vital Farms
- Lucky Layla Golden Butter
- 1 jar of Confituras jam
- 1 lbs of Gourmet Texas Pasta
- 1 bunch of kale from Johnson’s Backyard Garden
- 1 head of lettuce from Johnson’s Backyard Garden
- 1 head of broccoli from Johnson’s Backyard Garden
- 1 bunch of carrots from Johnson’s Backyard Garden
- 4 oranges from G&S Groves
- 2 grapefruit from G&S Groves