Daily Recipe: Superfood Kale Salad
We’re adding in-house salad to our menu!
This week, our lovely TK made a vegan, raw kale salad packed full of super foods.
It’s the kind of salad that will probably leave you feeling like a super-hero for the rest of the day.
Kale and chia seeds… Need we say more?
And at only $.60 an ounce, you can get a bowl of salad for about $3.00- talk about an incentive to eat healthy.
in.gredients In-house Kale Salad
in house recipe from TK
- 1 bunch JBG kale ($3.00 a bunch)
- 1/2 pound of Tecolote bell peppers ($4.50 a lbs- $2.25 for 1/2 pound)
- 2 lemons ($2.00 a lbs, $1.50 for 2 lemons)
- 2 tbsp honey ($.44 for 2 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds ($.56 for 2 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds ($.24 for 2 tbsp)
- 4 tbsp raisins ($.38 for 1/4 cup)
- 2 tbsp olive oil ($.81 for 2 tbsp)
- garlic salt (to taste)
Approximate total for in.gredients: $9.18
Approximate per person for a family of four: $2.30
First things first, wash and de-stem your kale. You will want to take some time to massage the kale to tenderize it.
Cut up the bell peppers, and toss the veggies with the chia seeds, sunflower seeds and raisins.
To finish off the dish, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, honey and garlic salt and toss with the salad. Then enjoy. This salad will keep well (covered) for a couple of days in the fridge.